EZ Baccarat Online
EZ Baccarat started off as an offshoot variation of baccarat from the classy casinos in Macau, but quickly become a favorite in card rooms across California. Nowadays, EZ Baccarat is one of the most popular baccarat variations available. In fact, it is so popular that this is the version that most casino sites offer players, even if it is simply branded as Baccarat, meaning that it is so easy to play online. It only differs slightly from Punto Banco by offering more side betting options in the form of the Dragon 7 and Panda 8 bets.
If you would like to find out more about how to play EZ Baccarat, you have come to the right place. Below we have a look at the game, paying special attention to the following:
- What the game is
- The best strategy
- How Dragon 7 and Panda 8 bets work
Aside from all this, we also list a bunch of online casino sites that feature the game so that you can start playing online as soon as possible!
Play EZ Baccarat Online Free or For Real Money
What is EZ Baccarat?
EZ Baccarat is a variation of the card game that was invented in Macau but garnered a huge following in California cardrooms. The game features such slight differences that many don’t even really consider it to be a variation.
Quite simply, the only difference to behold with this variation is that there are two new betting options (the Dragon and Panda bets) and wagers on the banker pay even money. We cover how these bets work further down below.
How to Play EZ Baccarat
EZ Baccarat isn’t a hard a game to learn how to play. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be good to start playing your first game soon:
- Place a bet. In baccarat online, you can place a wager on either yourself or the dealer.
- [Optional]. Place a side bet. You can place a Dragon 7 or Panda 8 bet now. So, for example, you can bet on the dealer to win with a Dragon 7 bet.
- Both the player and the dealer are dealt two cards face up.
- The player and the dealer have an opportunity to look at their cards and may request a third card.
- Hand scores are calculated and the hand with highest score wins the game. You will then check your bet to see if you have won.
It is important to remember that the score of a baccarat hand cannot exceed nine. So, if the score of the total hand exceed 10, the number of the 10 is your score. So, for example, a hand with cards that add up to a score of 14 is actually a hand with a score of four.
Best EZ Baccarat Strategy
So, there is no way to win every single EZ baccarat game you play but there are a few tips and tricks you can use to lower the house edge:
- Stick to betting on the dealer. The dealer is statistically more likely to win than the player due to the natural house edge casinos have. So, you are more likely to win more bets this way.
- Monitor the card situation. Now, we’re not saying you should be counting cards (it’s practically impossible to do so online.) But pay attention to what sort of hands are coming up so you can make better Dragon 7 and Panda 8 predictions.
- Remember to be patient. Yes, we all want to get that big win from predicting a Dragon 7 or Panda 8 correctly. But making this bet on every hand is only sure to bust your bankroll quickly.
EZ Baccarat Dragon 7/Panda 8 Bets Explained
Here’s how the Dragon 7 and Panda 8 betting options work:
- Dragon 7 – this bet pays out 40 to 1. You wager on the banker to get a hand with three cards featuring a total of seven.
- EZ Baccarat Panda 8 – this bet pays out 25 to 1. You wager on yourself to get a hand with three cards featuring a total of eight.
EZ Baccarat – FAQs
How do you win at EZ Baccarat?
You win at EZ baccarat by placing a bet on a player with the best hand. So, your hand doesn’t even need to beat the dealer’s for you to win. You just need to predict the outcome of the game correctly. Is the dealer going to win the round or are you going to win the round?
What is Panda and Dragon in Baccarat?
The Panda and the Dragon are two bets in EZ baccarat. The Panda is a bet stating that the player will finish the game with three cards featuring a hand total of eight. The Dragon is a hand of three cards featuring a total of seven.
How do you play Dragon in Baccarat?
Just like any bet in baccarat; you need to place the Dragon bet before the game begins.
How often does a dragon hit in Baccarat?
It has been suggested that the dragon is likely to come up about seven times (somewhat ironically) in an eight-deck shoe.
What are the odds in EZ Baccarat?
You face a house edge of about 1.92% when you play EZ baccarat. This increases when you try to make more exotic bets, such as the Dragon (7.61%) or Panda (10.19%) wagers.
Where can I play EZ Baccarat?
EZ baccarat is a hard game to find online. Some casinos have it listed as the normal baccarat game instead because it is so popular. So, we recommend trying the game available on the site to see whether or not it is actually this version of the game.
Is EZ Baccarat easy to win?
Baccarat in general is one of the better games to play if you are looking for a game with a low house edge and that is easy to win.
Check out our other baccarat guides: